Friday, August 1, 2008

Camping

We went camping as a family for the 2nd time since Ashton was born. Since our first trip camping was, well - let me just say disastrous, I was very nervous to try it again. But other than nearly getting eaten by a bear, we had a great time!

Ok, ok, so the bear didn't come within 5 miles of us, but it was still a close call. Since I'm going to do several posts today and I don't want my typin' fingers to get tired, I'll spare you the gory details. But if anyone is curious send me an email. It truly is a story to behold.

Evidently the high altitude and resulting lack of oxygen caused Ashton to forget how to dress himself.





After fixing his shirt (it wasn't worth it to fight over the pants), I got this picture of the two of them together. This was a rare, blissful moment of peace and quiet in the middle of the hootenany (how do you spell hootenany? I don't have a clue, although I'm sure some of you will chime in).



My mom came with us, which was a huge blessing because she cleaned, cleaned, cleaned and cooked, cooked, cooked. These are things I'm not particularly good at even when I'm not battling a water pump and propane stove. She made the trip much cleaner and tastier. Oh, and more fun. MOM, LOOK OUT! A BEAR!

No comments: