Friday, March 20, 2009

I FINISHED THE DRESS!!!!!

As of 11:05 am on March 20, 2009, THE DRESS IS FINISHED!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Words cannot adequately express the joy and relief I feel, so instead I'll just dance a jig and shout in jibberish.

Kaitlyn has just kindly reminded me that I'm not Irish so I can't dance a jig (actually, being Irish has nothing to do with it and she knows it), and the jibberish I'm shouting sounds eerily like my sewing words, which I promised I'd never use again. So I better just sit down and be quiet.

Here is the finished product:

Despite the fact that it took 4 months, or perhaps because of it, I am very pleased with how it turned out.
Now I'm not normally one to finish what I start. I have an entire room full of projects that will never, ever be finished in a million years of free Saturdays. I've made peace with this part of myself and know that although I do possess a few desirable qualities (I am a child of God, after all), stick-to-it-iveness is most definitely not one of them. Which is why I found a backup baptism dress clear back on Super Bowl Sunday. While I may be unreliable and, let's face it, lazy, I also don't want to have to pay for more therapy than is absolutely necessary, so I am preventing problems whenever I see an opportunity. This involves making sure my kids have appropriate clothing for important events, or at least for the events at which a camera will be present. Since I now have a camera and since my family pretty much always has a camera, this means I have to be more prepared now than I ever have before. Hence the backup plan for Kaitlyn's baptism dress.
However, let me say it again: I FINISHED THE DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!! It's DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More than a week in advance and with plenty of time to get pictures taken before the blessed day. This feels so good that it may motivate me to finish the rest of my projects early!
Nah. Who am I kidding?

1 comment:

Salina said...

So proud of you!! Let me know if you need help taking pictures..I'd love to help out!